• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

Pffft, clearly Lyra is the more important part of that story!

Wyf5r.gif

judhudson

Oh look I drew some ponies.

I'm jealous of your talent! Great work.

As for Trixie...that's going to be incredibly difficult for me to resist getting her...and I know if/when I do, I'll want to get Lyra and the Mane 6. I still haven't gotten any of those figures yet due to the hairstyles. Would need one of my friends to fix/style them for me.

I wonder if there will be someone who'll create clothes for Trixie and sell them...

It's as if Ponygaf is slowly creating more artists on top of the already existing artists, from this chain of events I can deduce that if i'm looking to step up my own skills drawing ponies is like the unexpected gateway to self improvement.

Cheerilee

It's as if Ponygaf is slowly creating more artists on top of the already existing artists, from this chain of events I can deduce that if i'm looking to step up my own skills drawing ponies is like the unexpected gateway to self improvement.

Jhonen Vasquez, creator of Invader Zim, also endorses it as a path to gaining recognition as an artist.

If you, as a nobody, create your own completely original IP and toss it on the Internet, nobody will care.

But if you create something based on something that's already popular, you give people a reason to look at your work, and if they like it, it's usually because they like your unique take on that work, which means that you are genuinely being appreciated for your art. Even if you're afraid you weren't being completely original.

And once you've built a base of interested fans, then you can show them your completely original works, and they might appreciate them. Or you can just stick with giving your fans what they want. Or some combination.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So watching Luna Eclipsed, and going back to Canterlot Wedding...

I wonder if Luna lives on the Moon. In both episodes her appearance was pretty much appearing to come down from the Moon.

Luna was under house arrest for 1000 years.

kunonabi

I think I'm going to have to accept that there will never be any great Rarity merchandise. I really some of the shirts from the last contest but none of them made the cut which just blows.

brian577

Banned

I wonder if Luna lives on the Moon. In both episodes her appearance was pretty much appearing to come down from the Moon.

I'm thinking she lives in a separate castle (perhaps the one in the Everfree Forest) But chose to "guard the night" in Canterlot due to the changeling threat.

Can't remember if I said so here, but I always thought the reason behind Luna's absence in the Wedding episode was that she had something like a sensory deprivation chamber that she sleeps in to block out the sun and outside noise. I know when I work a night shift and have to sleep in the day, I like to shut everything out as best I can.

I mentioned this on Ponibooru and someone cried foul saying "Why would she have that? It would just remind her of her imprisonment."

I always imagined Luna/NMM was sorta forced into a sort of magic stasis/sleep, not a day-by-day house arrest.

Oh and wonderful artwork guys! I'm so jelly.

Cheerilee

Luna/Celestia's home prior to the Nightmare Moon incident was the Castle of the Pony Sisters, which became a ruin in the middle of the Everfree Forest. That was her home. The first place NMM went after her release was that castle.

Celestia moved out to Canterlot and surrounded herself with weaponized Unicorn Ponies like Shining Armor because apparently she's not as tough as we were led to believe, and she let the Castle of the Pony Sisters fall to ruin. Luna has no real connection to Canterlot or it's army. She took the night guard position during the crisis because it was the right thing to do, and because ponies were awake. She wasn't really using the telescope to keep a lookout for enemies (well, maybe a little), she was using it to watch hunky Canterlot soldiers (and Twilight) run around and do "awake" things.

If Luna slept in Canterlot, she'd probably either be on some sort of couch or temporary bed in Celestia's private chambers, or some unattached "guest quarters" usually reserved for VIPs. I doubt they built Luna a soundproofed/darkened room, and I really doubt Luna would sleep in Celestia's royal bed while Celestia wasn't using it (that'd be too weird and creepy).

Celestia seems to have dominion over the Sun and can enter it (I'm certain she was simply hiding inside the Sun during the pilot, not trapped there), and Luna can do the same with the Moon. It's not Luna's home, probably more like an office, and it was converted into a prison cell to trap her for ages, but it belongs to her and it's the only option she's got left if she doesn't want to stay indefinitely as a "guest" in her sister's new house.

I would like to think that Luna's new late night hobby is that she's performing a long-overdue restoration on the Castle of the Pony Sisters, which, since Celestia moved out, is now all Luna's. That's a much grander pursuit than soundproofing a room in Canterlot, which would strike me as a waste of resources. She can sleep in the Moon or mooch around Canterlot until it's ready.

judhudson

Luna/Celestia's home prior to the Nightmare Moon incident was the Castle of the Pony Sisters, which became a ruin in the middle of the Everfree Forest. That was her home. The first place NMM went after her release was that castle.

Celestia moved out to Canterlot and surrounded herself with weaponized Unicorn Ponies like Shining Armor because apparently she's not as tough as we were led to believe, and she let the Castle of the Pony Sisters fall to ruin. Luna has no real connection to Canterlot or it's army. She took the night guard position during the crisis because it was the right thing to do, and because ponies were awake. She wasn't really using the telescope to keep a lookout for enemies (well, maybe a little), she was using it to watch hunky Canterlot soldiers (and Twilight) run around and do "awake" things.

If Luna slept in Canterlot, she'd probably either be on some sort of couch or temporary bed in Celestia's private chambers, or some unattached "guest quarters" usually reserved for VIPs. I doubt they built Luna a soundproofed/darkened room, and I really doubt Luna would sleep in Celestia's royal bed while Celestia wasn't using it (that'd be too weird and creepy).

Celestia seems to have dominion over the Sun and can enter it (I'm certain she was simply hiding inside the Sun during the pilot, not trapped there), and Luna can do the same with the Moon. It's not Luna's home, probably more like an office, and it was converted into a prison cell to trap her for ages, but it belongs to her and it's the only option she's got left if she doesn't want to stay indefinitely as a "guest" in her sister's new house.

I would like to think that Luna's new late night hobby is that she's performing a long-overdue restoration on the Castle of the Pony Sisters, which, since Celestia moved out, is now all Luna's. That's a much grander pursuit than soundproofing a room in Canterlot, which would strike me as a waste of resources. She can sleep in the Moon or mooch around Canterlot until it's ready.

Hasbro needs to make a Prince Luna's Castle Ruins playset. With both a Luna figure and a Nightmare Moon figure. Epic.

Finally caught up with all of the episodes. Finale would have been better if Cadence and Shining were given more characterization and if the Queen was given more backstory. Other than that pretty good.

Also, apparently prior to coming to Ponyville Shining was Twilight's only friend? Poor Spike.

EDIT: And Twilight took the revelation that her brother was apparently banging her babysitter pretty well.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

That assumes that Canterlot hasn't been around since Luna's banishment. For all we know she's had a room there since her Banishment. And Celestia and Luna hace hot chocolate during the winter.

Cheerilee

Why would Luna want to live in the Everfree Forest....
Luna and Celestia did live there. "The last known location of the five Elements was in the Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. It is located in what is now the Everfree Forest." That was their home. Celestia willingly moved away and started a new life. Luna didn't. Luna got back from prison and found that her home was wrecked in her absence. Assuming that the forest itself was always there in some form and isn't entirely a symptom of Celestia's neglect, a forest is a natural deterrent against bothersome visitors (sort of like waves of military-trained Unicorns, but less hostile). Perfect for a pony like Luna who sleeps while the world is active.

If the forest is overgrown (ever-free) and not the true appearance of the Royal Garden, Luna can trim it to her liking (which might be different from it's original appearance, now that Luna has it all to herself, more ghosts and spiders).

And a cool ruined castle with some personality and character just seems to fit a pony like Luna better, who is herself somewhat damaged and has a cape made out of vampire bats.

Also, if Luna moves back in right next door to Ponyville instead of hiding in Celestia's shadow in Canterlot, the chances of her appearing in more episodes increases drastically.

That assumes that Canterlot hasn't been around since Luna's banishment. For all we know she's had a room there since her Banishment. And Celestia and Luna hace hot chocolate during the winter.
Canterlot (the city) may have existed before Celestia moved there, or it could easily have sprung up around her. We've seen cities rise and fall in the history of this show. But yes, it assumes that there was only one Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters (the one that was called that), and that when Celestia abandoned the home she shared with Luna after a deeply personal fight with her, she didn't simply move into the other home she shared with Luna. That would suck all the reason out of her moving.

My older brother got his own place, and I've hung out there with him plenty of times, and even house-sat for him when he went on vacation, but that's his house, not mine, and I'm not going to try and move in with him, no matter how nice his guest bedroom is, not if I can help it. I have to find my own way through life. I'm sure that's true of everyone, including ponies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom